Saturday, January 1, 2011

Brussels sprout greens chips

So, I totally thought these were collard greens, so I looked for collard recipes and came across this.  I burnt the first batch terribly.  Like really bad.  Threw them out.  Started over with the next pan full.  Came awfully close to burning those too.  Apparently brussels sprout greens cook a LOT faster than collard greens would, as these were done in under 10 min.  Finally got the timing worked out and used a bit more cheese each time.  (I also brushed on oil, as I didn't have olive oil spray.)

The votes:
The huz didn't love these--he wouldn't replace his regular potato chips with them.  Described them as "nice, different, and I haven't ever eaten anything like them".  Do with that what you may...

Anyway, I liked these (especially the later batches that I didn't burn at all)...  A lot...  (I may or may not have eaten them all...)  (Possibly a little more on the may side of that...)  I didn't even get a picture of them. I thought they were that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment